Long Beach Medical Center has been recognized as a major regional provider of medical and surgical services. Long Beach Medical Center consistently achieves national accolades for its quality care, including being named as one of the U.S. top 125 hospitals by Consumers' CHECKBOOK; named Top 100 Hospitals Cardiovascular by Thomson Reuters; and named one of “America's Best Hospitals” for Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report magazine. Our state-of-the-art electronic medical record system ensures our patients receive the best, safest possible care.
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes five hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.
We have big dreams for the future of healthcare, so we work every day to make high-quality care easier to access and more affordable. Whether you need a check-up or cardiac surgery, you can rest assured that we're looking out for you.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Cancer Care
We are committed to helping you or your loved one fight cancer by offering a lifetime of cancer care. Our multidisciplinary teams of oncologists, surgeons, nurses, social workers and other specialists are highly skilled and experienced in the field of oncology. They are passionate about prevention, early detection, and innovative cancer treatments utilizing the most advanced technology to deliver the best possible care.
Our Commitment to You & Your Family
When you or a loved one faces a cancer diagnosis, choosing where to turn for cancer care is an important decision. At MemorialCare we are dedicated to treating the whole person and believe that one should never take the journey alone. Our support programs include support groups and spiritual counseling - all designed to help every step of the way.
Cancer Research & Clinical Trials
To continue providing excellence in health care, we're committed to staying on the leading-edge of cancer research. We believe clinical trials are the front line in winning the battle against cancer. We are involved in more than 100 of the world's most promising research protocols.
Spacious Birthing Suites
You will feel confident in the quality of your care and comfortable with your surroundings at one of our BirthCare Centers.
Expert Care for High-Risk Pregnancy and High-Risk Multiples
MemorialCare delivers more than 11,000 babies each year. Approximately 10 percent are high-risk births and high-risk multiples referred to MemorialCare Medical Centers throughout Los Angeles County and Orange County. Our neonatal intensive care units offer around-the-clock neonatologists, specialized nurses, respiratory therapists, and equipment to provide intensive care to infants whenever needed.
About Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach
Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach provides specialized pediatric care for children and young adults, with conditions ranging from common to complex — as well as maternity care for expectant mothers — all under one roof. Only five percent of all hospitals are children's hospitals, making them unique not only to children's health care needs in the community, but across the region. Miller Children's is one of only eight free-standing children's hospitals in California.
Miller Children's is a not-for-profit, pediatric teaching hospital that treats more than 8,000 children each year and has become a regional pediatric destination for more than 84,000 children, who need specialized care in the outpatient specialty and satellite centers. The BirthCare Center at Miller Children's delivers more than 6,000 babies each year and receives nearly 100 transported high-risk moms. More than 750 pediatric specialists and sub-specialists, as well as nearly 100 OB/GYNs, including 10 high-risk pregnancy specialists (maternal fetal sub-specialists), ensure that the highest quality, compassionate care is given to each patient and their family.
Miller Children's features eight Centers of Excellence , including seven major inpatient care centers within the hospital and comprehensive outpatient specialty centers that feature more than
30 sub-specialties, and include 16 California Children Services (CCS) approved special care centers.
These Centers provide specialized care for children with chronic conditions, such as pulmonary, gastroenterology, orthopedics, cardiology, rehabilitation, diabetes, asthma, autism, and hematology/oncology (cancer) conditions.
Miller Children's Philosophy
Patient and family centered care is a cornerstone of Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach. Health care teams and physicians understand that parents and families are an important part of the health care team and help improve recovery times. Child Life Specialists help patients adjust to their hospital stay and maintain their daily, normal childhood activities. Family resource centers , parent mentors and parent advocates are available to ease the anxieties for hospitalization for the entire family. Miller Children's values patient safety and ensures that quality initiatives are met. Miller Children's has been named one of the top children's hospitals in the nation for quality and safety.
A Part of the MemorialCare Health System
Miller Children's is one of eight free-standing children's hospitals in California, and the only one of its kind in a major health system, such as MemorialCare . MemorialCare stands for Excellence in Health Care. Miller Children's embodies MemorialCare's core values which are integrated through the MemorialCare ABC'S: accountability, best practices, compassion and synergy.
Miller Children's features eight major care centers located within the hospital, support services such as radiology and imaging and has more than 30 specialties in its outpatient specialty centers across the region:
- Miller Children's is home to one of the largest Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) in California, treating an average of 50 high-risk infants daily, many of whom are transferred from more than 20 hospitals.
- Pediatric surgery at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach cares for children from newborns to young adults, who need common or complex surgical treatments. Pediatric surgeons at Miller Children's are at the forefront of pediatric minimally invasive surgery, conducting laparoscopic, thoracoscopic and the latest single-incision laparoscopic procedures.
- Jonathan Jaques Children's Cancer Institute provides quality, compassionate care to children with cancer, sickle cell disease and other serious blood disorders, while integrating new research efforts into treatment plans allowing patients access to the latest therapies and technologies. The Center is know for its comprehensive psychosocial programs and multi-disciplinary care teams.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides care to toddlers, children and teenagers who become critically ill or injured, have severe respiratory conditions and may require constant monitoring.
- The Children's Heart Institute offers a wide range of diagnostics, treatment and follow-up care to patients – newborns to young adults – with congenital heart defect or acquired heart disease.
- Miller Children's general pediatrics care center treats children who need primary care, need specialty care or help manage a chronic illness, such as asthma and diabetes.
- The BirthCare Center at Miller Children's & Women's has been named “one of the safest places to have a baby.” And, should the need arise, expectant moms can feel confident that as part of
Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach, the Center has access to a level III neonatal intensive care unit (highest level) under the same roof.
- The Outpatient Specialty Centers are a major referral center for outpatient pediatric specialty care, offering more than 30 sub-specialties.